On 12/22/14 4:48 PM, John Griffith wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Tom Barron <t...@dyncloud.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have real world experience, even data, to speak to the
> question: in an OpenStack cloud, what is the likely ratio of (created)
> cinder volumes to attached cinder volumes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Barron

> Honestly I think the assumption is and should be 1:1, perhaps not 100%
> duty-cycle, but certainly periods of time when there is a 100% attach
> rate.

Certainly peak usage would be 1:1.  But that still allows for lots of
distributions - e.g. 1:1 2% of the time, 10:9 80%, 10:7 95% vs 1:1 90%, etc.

Some of the devs on this list also run clouds, so I'm curious if there
are data available indicating what kind of distribution of this ratio
they see in practice.