From: Kyle Mestery [mailto:mest...@mestery.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 8:25 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron][AdvancedServices] Confusion about the
solution of the service chaining!

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 6:25 AM,
<lv.erc...@zte.com.cn<mailto:lv.erc...@zte.com.cn>> wrote:
Hi,

I want to confirm that how is the project about "Neutron Services Insertion,
Chaining, and Steering" going, I found that all the code implementation about
service insertion、service chaining and traffic steering list in JunoPlan were
Abandoned .

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/AdvancedServices/JunoPlan

and I also found that we have a new project about GBP and
group-based-policy-service-chaining be located at:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/group-based-policy/+spec/group-based-policy-abstraction

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/group-based-policy/+spec/group-based-policy-service-chaining

so I'm confused with solution of the service chaining.

We are developing the service chaining feature, so we need to know which one is
the neutron's choice. Are the blueprints about the service insertion, service
chaining and traffic steering list in JunoPlan all Abandoned ?
Service chaining isn't in the plan for Kilo [1], but I expect it to be
something we talk about in Vancouver for the Lxxx release. The NFV/Telco group
has been talking about this as well. I'm hopeful we can combine efforts and
come up with a coherent service chaining solution that solves a handful of
useful use cases during Lxxx.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1]
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/priorities/kilo-priorities.html

BR
Alan

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and
any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is
intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended
recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or
use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.