The problem is probably due to the fact that some operators may run neutron from git and manage their dependencies in some other way; or distributions may suck sometimes, so packagers may miss the release note and fail to upgrade dnsmasq; or distributions may have their specific concerns on upgrading dnsmasq version, and would just backport the needed fix to their 'claimed to 2.66' dnsmasq (common story in Red Hat world).