Minwoo,

The cherry-picks for the contain-updater and object-updater back to stable/juno are now available for review: https://review.openstack.org/146211 and https://review.openstack.org/134082

Jay

On 01/08/2015 09:21 AM, Minwoo Bae wrote:
Hi, to whom it may concern:

Jay Bryant and I would like to have the fixes for the Swift object-updater (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/125746/) and the Swift container-updater (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I7eed122bf6b663e6e7894ace136b6f4653db4985,n,z) backported to Juno and then to Icehouse soon if possible. It's been in the queue for a while now, so we were wondering if we could have an estimated time for delivery?

Icehouse is in security-only mode, but the container-updater issue may potentially be used as a fork-bomb, which presents security concerns. To further justify the fix, a problem of similar nature https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126371/(regarding the object-auditor) was successfully fixed in stable/icehouse.

The object-updater issue may potentially have some security implications as well.

Thank you very much!

Minwoo