Hello,

I’m testing gnocchi to work with ceilometer these days and I have some concerns
about its performance.

I noticed in the code, every time a measure gets updated, gnocchi first reads
all the previous contents of that measure, updates the measure in memory and
writes the updated contents as well as original contents back. IMHO, the
overhead here could be very large. As an improvement, I propose we use some
form of `seek` that only modifies the updated parts.

So I’d like to hear about your opinions, and if there’s already a solution,
please point it to me.

Regards,
Can Zhang