On 01/18/2015 04:39 PM, Sandy Walsh wrote:
Hey y'all

Eddie Sheffield has pulled together a strawman set of notification
schemas for Nova and Glance. Looks like a great start for further
discussion. He's going to add JSON-Schema validation next as a form
of unit test. Then I guess we have to start thinking about a library
to digest these and help us build validated notifications.

Please have a peek. Bend, spindle, mutilate as required. Pull
requests welcome.

(we also have to figure out where it's going to live, this is just a
parking spot)

https://github.com/StackTach/notification-schemas

Thanks Sandy! And thanks Eddie for putting together the strawman!

Some important things that I see are missing, so far... please let me know what your thoughts are regarding these.

1) There needs to be some method of listing the notification "codes". By "code", I mean "compute.instance_create.start", or possibly the CADF event codes, which I believe I recommended way back a-when the original ML thread started.

2) Each notification message payload must contain a version in it. We need some ability to evolve the notification schemas over time, and a version in the payload is a pre-requisite for that.

All the best,
-jay