On 01/20/2015 09:20 AM, Xavier León wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we've been doing some tests with openstack kilo and found
> out a problem: iptables routes are not being injected to the
> router namespace.
>
> Scenario:
> - a private network NOT connected to the outside world.
> - a router with only one interface connected to the private network.
> - a vm instance connected to the private network as well.
>
> From inside the instance, we try to get some information from the
> metadata service with curl:
>
> $ curl http://169.254.169.254
> curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
>
> With the same set up in juno, there was no such problem and
> metadata information is shown.
>
> The request is not filtered at the instance and hits the router
> namespace (checked with tcpdump). However, when looking
> from the controller at the iptables rules at the router, they appear
> empty.
>
> stack@devstack: ~$ sudo ip netns exec
> qrouter-d4ec737a-c5fb-4f5b-8bd0-1b5353bbade3 iptables-save
<snip>

> # Generated by iptables-save v1.4.21 on Tue Jan 20 14:05:48 2015
> *filter
> :INPUT ACCEPT [5:914]
> :FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
> :OUTPUT ACCEPT [10:868]
> COMMIT

Are you sure the l3-agent is running?  You should have seen wrapped rules from
it in most of these tables, for example:

# Generated by iptables-save v1.4.21 on Tue Jan 20 16:29:19 2015
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [34:10882]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [1:84]
:neutron-filter-top - [0:0]
:neutron-l3-agent-FORWARD - [0:0]
:neutron-l3-agent-INPUT - [0:0]
:neutron-l3-agent-OUTPUT - [0:0]
:neutron-l3-agent-local - [0:0]
[...]

I would check the log files for any errors.

-Brian