I’d like to announce that a new API guideline has been accepted for Collection
Resources.

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/representation_structure.html#collection-resources

"JSON request and response representations for collection resources should be
an object that includes a top-level property to encapsulate the collection of
resources. The value of this property should be a JSON array whose elements are
the JSON representations of the resources in the collection…”

The patch that introduced the API guideline is here

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/133660/

If you are creating a new API or a new version of an API, we encourage you to
follow this guideline for Collection Resources. If you have such a patch coming
up for review, you can use the APIImpact (as discussed in GitCommitMessages
[1]) for better discoverability.

Thanks,
Everett

[1]