We’ve held up the oslo.messaging release with the namespace package work for a
while now while we work with the nova, designate, and heat teams to fix things
up so their tests won’t break. We think the one remaining issue is in heat,
where some tests are mocking private parts of oslo.messaging.

There’s a bug filed at https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1412836

I think asalkeld fixed similar tests in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145094/1/heat/tests/test_stack_lock.py but
missed these at the time.

I would propose a fix, but I really don’t understand the test suite or what’s
going on there. If someone else does propose a fix, please ping me in
#openstack-oslo on IRC and I’ll test the pre-release against it to see if the
issue is resolved.

I plan to release the new version of oslo.messaging around 15:00 UTC on 27 Jan,
but I will wait if there’s a fix in heat’s merge queue.

Doug