On 01/29/2015 05:57 PM, Roman Podoliaka wrote:
Jeremy,

I don't have exact numbers, so yeah, it's just an assumption based on
looking at the nova-api/scheduler logs with connection_debug set to
100.

But that's a good point you are making here: it will be interesting to
see what difference enabling of PyMySQL will make for tempest/rally
workloads, rather than just running synthetic tests. I'm going to give
it a try on my devstack installation.

Yeah, also realistic testing would mean a decent level of parallelism in requests. If you compare serial scenarios, then yes, of course mysqldb-python will be quicker.

/Ihar