Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update. For those interested in Kolla development and discussion, where is the best place to go?

Regards,
-Paul

On 05/02/15 17:25, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
Hey folks,

I wanted to provide a brief update on where we are headed with Kolla.
  Initially Kolla began as a POC to show that containers could be used
to deploy OpenStack with the long term plan of integrating that
functionality into TripleO.  That goal has not changed.

The tripleo community wants baby steps not outright replacement of the
infrastructure as was proposed by using Kubernetes in Kolla as a
dependency in this review [1].   Our first step in this process will be
to create three new container types.  We will create a controller node,
a storage node, and a compute node.  We have proven that compute can be
used.[2]  Further, one of our community members is working on a DIB
elements->container tool here [3] and we plan to use this along with our
other R&D in the area to integrate container tech into tripleo.

I’m not quite sure how it will all come together, but after numerous
discussions with folks from the tripleo and heat teams, I believe we can
find a path forward.

Regards
-steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/144199/