On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 12:52:38PM +0200, Peter Penchev wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Daniel P. Berrange
> <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 12:28:27PM +0200, Peter Penchev wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'd like to request a feature freeze exception for the change:
> >>   https://review.openstack.org/140733/
> >>
> >> It's a small, self-contained driver for attaching StorPool-backed
> >> Cinder volumes to existing Nova virtual machines.  It does not touch
> >> anything outside its own bailiwick (adds a new class to
> >> nova/virt/libvirt/volume.py) and is just a couple of lines of code,
> >> passing requests through to the JSON-over-HTTP StorPool API.
> >>
> >> The Cinder support for volumes created on a StorPool cluster was
> >> merged before Kilo-1, and IMVHO it would make sense to have a Nova
> >> attachment driver to actually use the Cinder support.
> >>
> >> The change was reviewed by Daniel Berrange, who posted a very
> >> reasonable suggestion for restructuring the code, which I implemented
> >> within a few days.  I would be very grateful if somebody could take a
> >> look at the proposed addition and consider it for a feature freeze
> >> exception.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your time, and keep up the great work!
> >
> > The Feature Freeze Exception process is for approving the merge of
> > changes whose specs/blueprints are already approved. Unfortunately,
> > IIUC, your blueprint is not approved, so it is not possible to
> > request a FFE for merging the changes in question.
> >
> > The deadline for requesting Spec/Blueprint Freeze Exceptions has
> > passed quite a while ago now.
> Hi,
> Actually, the blueprint was approved quite some time ago, and it also
> has a favorable comment by John Garbutt from January 26th (two days
> after I submitted the updated change addressing your concerns).  Then
> on February 5th Thierry Carrez changed its status to "Pending
> approval" with a comment stating that it missed the non-priority
> feature freeze deadline (I think that the "johnthetubaguy" attribution
> at the end of the comment is more of a copy/paste error, since the
> change indeed seems to have been done by Thierry Carrez).

Ok, will need John G to clarify then. I was judging from the fact that
the status is "Pending approval" and the most recent comment says
"Sorry, we have now hit the non-priority feature freeze for kilo. Please
 resubmit your spec for the L release"

|: http://berrange.com      -o-    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org              -o-             http://virt-manager.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org       -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-       http://live.gnome.org/gtk-vnc :|

OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Unsubscribe: openstack-dev-requ...@lists.openstack.org?subject:unsubscribe

Reply via email to