All it does is create a temporary lock directory and then set an env var
to that path so external locks work properly in tests.  If you don't
have any external locks or you use
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.concurrency/blob/master/oslo_concurrency/fixture/lockutils.py#L55
for any tests that do then you don't need the wrapper.

The easiest thing to do is probably remove it and see if anything fails.
 If everything still works then it wasn't needed.

-Ben