I was attempting to build some convenience fixtures for starting the API
service inside the Nova functional tests -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155902/

However, as soon as I refactored the code it fails on OOM killer.

Running locally there is a remarkable difference in running the code
with and without at patch. Locally without that patch each test process
gets to a high water mark of about 380 MB. With that patches the test
processes quickly climb above 1G (which explains why they die in the gate).

Is there something fundamental about fixtures that doesn't return memory
on cleanup? Is there a way to we can fix that? I'd really like to not
have to write our own in tree alternative to avoid the memory leak.

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net