> I am newbie and I want to start with my first contribution to open
stack. I have chosen the bug ->
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1310580 to start with​. I
have added comments on the bug and need some developer to validate
those. Additionally I need some help on how to go about editing the
wiki. Please help and advice.

welcome Ashish!  feel free to jump on to irc #openstack-ceilometer if you have
any questions (you already did but just mentioning for other's reference).

looking at the bug, it's a bit dated and might not be that relevant anymore. we
are in the process of a major overhaul of our dev docs as they were littered
with years of patch work and were debatably unusable. i would suggest looking
at some of the existing doc patches here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ceilometer,n,z

you can also look at any telemetry related items at http://docs.openstack.org/
to see if there's any gaps (there are)

cheers,