The novaclient 2.21 release had a bug in some bash completion code that blows up the voting devstack cells job that runs exercises. The bug tracking the novaclient issue is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1423695

We're blocking the 2.21 release in global-requirements to get master unblocked:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157619/

Then we're doing a revert of a change for bash completion in novaclient to at least workaround the bug on trunk novaclient code:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157591/

That, however, is blocked on icehouse being blocked due to the neutronclient 2.3.11 release today which was uncapped on stable/icehouse global-requirements, so we have this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-neutronclient/+bug/1423753

There is a cap proposed for stable/icehouse:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157606/

But that's blocked on some other requirements weirdness, looks like a problem with openstackclient version requirements and other caps in stable/icehouse.

Regarding the novaclient change, the plan is to get either the devstack cells exercise job voting on novaclient changes again (which it was at some point prior to the 2.21 release and should have caught this problem), or get a functional test in novaclient that hits the bash completion problem - then we can revert the revert and make that work with the current code on master.

I might have missed something but figured it'd be good to get this out so people are aware that things are busted, again.

Matt Riedemann