Since the Nova side isn't in, and won't land for Kilo, then there is no reason for Cinder to have it for Kilo, as it will simply not work.

We can revisit this for the L release if you like.

Also, make sure you have 3rd Party CI setup for this driver, or it won't be accepted in the L release either.

$0.02
Walt

Hi Mike, Jay, and Walter,

Please revisit this patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/151959/and don’t revert this, thank you very much!

I think it’s apposite to merge the SDSHypervisor driver in cinder first, and next to request nova to add a new libvirt volume driver.

Meanwhile nova side always ask whether the driver is merged into Cinder, please see my comments in nova spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130919/, thank you very much!

Best regards

ZhangNi