In the process of writing a unit test for this I discovered that it can call out to keystone for a token with some configurations through the call to get_configured_credentials. This surprised me since I thought it would just check for the necessary admin credentials in either tempest.conf or accounts.yaml. Is this a bug?

 -David

def is_admin_available():
    is_admin = True
    # If tenant isolation is enabled admin will be available
    if CONF.auth.allow_tenant_isolation:
        return is_admin
    # Check whether test accounts file has the admin specified or not
    elif os.path.isfile(CONF.auth.test_accounts_file):
        check_accounts = accounts.Accounts(name='check_admin')
        if not check_accounts.admin_available():
            is_admin = False
    else:
        try:
cred_provider.get_configured_credentials('identity_admin')
        except exceptions.InvalidConfiguration:
            is_admin = False
    return is_admin