On 03/12/2015 08:47 AM, Chris Friesen wrote:

I'm looking for some technical advice on API extensions.

I want to add a new field to the output of the "nova service-list" command,
which currently maps to ServiceController.index().

For the v2 API this seems straightforward, I can add a new extension and in the
existing function I can call self.ext_mgr.is_loaded() to see if my extension is
loaded, similar to the existing code that checks for
'os-extended-services-delete'.

For v2.1 (ie the plugins in the v3 directory) the extension management seems to
be different though.  As far as I can tell I can only extend the controller and
create a new index() that takes as arguments the request and the output of the
existing index() function.

Never mind, I've since learned about microversions and the fact that the v2 API is frozen. I think I'm good.

Chris