On 2015年03月13日 20:42, Steve Gordon wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "park" <jianlong...@gmail.com>
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>

hello Nova

By default, nova libvirt driver configuration for guest cpu as "cpu_mode
= none",
you could add cpu features by changing flavor section as below, there
will NOT
be any issues for this cmd.

$nova flavor-key m1.small set "capabilities:cpu_info:features"="<in> ***"
but, nova will ignore the cpu features after the guest boot up
successfully, which
means the feature does NOT take effect(not be written into the xml for
the guest).

And there is no message telling the users that the features does NOT
take effect...
this may make the users confused...
This issue is more general than the cpu_mode=none case, in that the
capabilities filter is filtering *hosts* based on their CPU features. As you
have discovered, whether they are actually exposing those features to guests in
their current configuration is not taken into account (that is,
cpu_mode/cpu_model settings aren't considered at all). Ideally they would be,
but I'm not sure this is trivial.
+1
and I think the CPU configuration should take effect,
otherwise, users should be prompted some messages..

-Steve

if we add the feature into the xml file for the guest, this will trigger
internal error
"libvirtError: XML error: Non-empty feature list specified without CPU
model"

so what should we do? Leave it as itself(ignore the users input, and
boot the guest
successfully), or prompt the users with the errors?

Thanks
      Park