All,
The Application EcoSystem Working Group realized during the mid-cycle meetup in
Philadelphia that there is no way to get the capabilities of an Openstack cloud
so that applications can measure their compatibility against that cloud.  In
other words,  if we create an Openstack App Marketplace and have developers
make apps to be in that marketplace, then we'll have no way for apps to verify
that they can run on that cloud.  We'd like to ask that there be a standard set
of API calls created that allow a cloud to list its capabilities.  The cloud
"features" or capabilities list should return True/False API responses and
could include but is not limited to the below examples.  Also,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162655/ may be a good starting point for this
request.

Glance:
URL/upload
types (raw, qcow, etc)

Nova:
Suspend/Resume VM
Resize
Flavor sizes supported
Images Available
Quota Limits
VNC support

Neutron:
Types of Networking (neutron, neutron + ml2, nova-network aka linux bridge,
other)
Types of SDN in use?
Shared tenant networks
Anything else?