From: stanzgy <stan....@gmail.com<mailto:stan....@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:39 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [designate] Designate performance issues

Hi all. I have setup kilo designate services with powerdns backend and mysql
innodb storage in a single node.
The services function well at first. However, after inserting 13k A records via
API  within 3 domains (5k, 5k, 3k for each), the service stops working.

designate-api returns 500 and many RPCs timeout
designate-central takes 100% cpu, seems trying hard updating domains but failed
designate-mdns also takes 100% cpu, flooded with "Including all tenants items
in query results" logs
powerdns gets timeout errors during AXFR zones

The server doesn't seem to turn any better after suffering in this state for
hours. What I could do to recover the service is to cleanup databases and
restart the service.

My question is:
1. Is it not recommended to create too many records in a single domain?
2. Any suggestions to improve this situation?

--
Best Regards,

Zhang Gengyuan