On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about this instead?
>
> POST /v2.0/subnets
>
> {
>   'network_id': 'meh',
>   'gateway_ip_template': '*.*.*.1'
>   'prefix_len': 24,
>   'pool_id': 'some_pool'
> }
>
> At least that way it's clear the gateway attribute is not an IP, but a
> template/string instead?

I thought about doing *s but in the world of Classless Inter-Domain
Routing where not all networks are /24, /16, or /8 it seemed a bit
imprecise.  But, maybe that doesn't matter.

I think the more important difference with your proposal here is that
it is passed as a new attribute called 'gateway_ip_template'.  I don't
think that attribute would ever be sent back to the user.  Is it ok to
have write-only attributes?  Is everyone comfortable with that?

Carl