From: Chmouel Boudjnah <chmo...@chmouel.com<mailto:chmo...@chmouel.com>>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2015 at 6:52 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Cc: "Chylinski, Arek"
<arek.chylin...@intel.com<mailto:arek.chylin...@intel.com>>, "Stachowski,
Michal" <michal.stachow...@intel.com<mailto:michal.stachow...@intel.com>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla] Re: Questions about kolla

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Steven Dake (stdake)
<std...@cisco.com<mailto:std...@cisco.com>> wrote:
We plan to dockerize any service needed to deploy OpenStack.  We haven’t
decided if that includes ceph, since ceph may already be dockerized by someone
else.  But it does include the HA services we need as well as the rest of the
OpenStack services.

it is and available here, https://github.com/ceph/ceph-docker

Looks pretty good.  Too bad it uses Ubuntu 14.04 as a userspace – in Kolla we
want to support both CentOS and Ubuntu as a userspace.  But this gap should be
easy to solve.

I really dislike the bindmounting of /etc and /var/lib/ceph.  /etc should be
passed via environment and /var/lib/ceph should be a data container to maintain
the idempotency, immutability, and declarative nature of containers.

Thanks for the link!

Regards
-steve

(Seb in Cc of this email is the one who have been working on this)

Chmouel