Hi,

This is regarding bug - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1436314

When Nova is configured to boot VM from volume only, current Tempest
integration tests will fails. We are not sure how feasible and valid this
configuration is for Nova and what are the use cases of this.

Before starting support this in Tempest, we would like to get some feedback
and use cases about such configuration on Nova side.

I am trying it by setting "max_local_block_device" to 0 and tests fails
with 400 error[1]. Is that the right configuration to make boot from volume
only or something else there on Nova config.

1- ERROR (BadRequest): Block Device Mapping is Invalid: You specified more
local devices than the limit allows (HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-3ef100c7-
b5c5-4a2d-a5da-8344726336e2)

--
Thanks & Regards
Ghanshyam Mann