> This could be extended to richer JSON events that include the stack,
> resources affected in the update, stats like "num-deleted-resources" or
> "num-replaced-resources", autoscaling actions, and info about stack errors.
>
> Is there a way for users as-is to view those raw notifications, not just
> the indexed k/v pairs?

from Ceilometer POV, currently, raw notifications are optionally stored (for
auditing, postmortem analysis, etc...) but they are not queryable from the api
(we don't support it as the performance will [arguably] suffer depending on the
backend).

the basic structure of an Event in Ceilometer is: id, timestamp, event_type, a
list of traits (queryable k/v pairs pulled from notification), and raw (full
json notifications)

in Liberty, we intend on support action/alerting on events so maybe it's
something we should collaborate on to ensure the right functionality is
provided.

cheers,
gord