Greetings,

I'm announcing my candidacy for the Technical Comitee Elections.

I wish I could say I've served as a TC member before but I haven't.
However, there's always a first time for everything, isn't there? I'd
like for Liberty to be that chance for me to be honored with a seat in
OpenStack's Technical Comitee.

I believe I've been part of OpenStack's community long enough to know
how it works, the mechanisms behind it and I believe I have a good
feeling of where it should be headed. Here are some things that I'd
love to help achieving as part of my work as a TC member:

# Paradise's doors have been opened but no maps of it have been drawn:

During the last cycles, the TC members have done an amazing job on
helping make our community more welcoming. The bar for inclusion has
be lowered to the point where projects are welcomed to join it as long
as they meet the minimum requirements established in our governance
repo.

I believe this is an amazing step for our community but we're not
there yet. Unfortunately, opening our doors does not do the trick. In
order to keep this openness honest, we also need to provide a better
support for the projects that are joining our community.

Therefore, I'd like to help moving the big tent effort forward and
start laying down the bases that will help providing support to
projects and guide them especially in moments where decisions like
this[0] need to be taken.

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-April/061967.html

# Help with clearing the path where OpenStack is headed

For better or for worse, one of the question I've been asked more
often, in the last couple of months, is: "Is OpenStack there yet?
What's next?"

OpenStack is a cloud provider and as such it should strive to cover
enough use-cases to make cloud consumers'/providers' lives simpler.
There's more to a cloud than just compute, storage and networking.
There's more to cloud than just orchestration and meetering. As part
of my role as a TC member, I'd like to help our community grow in
other areas that might not be considered required but that are still
important for our mission.

# Deployments / Ops

OpenStack has come a long way on making deployments easier but again,
we're not there yet. With the new governance model, we won't just see
new *aaS services joining but also new tools[0] that are meant to help
with OpenStack's installation and maintenance.

Along the lines of what I said in my point #2, I believe having tools
to install OpenStack is great but there's more to an OpenStack
deployment than just that. There's monitoring, upgrades, migrations,
etc.

As part of my journey as a TC member (hopefully), I'd like to help
these projects by exploring and gathering the needs and feedback from
our community so we can guide these amazing efforts towards the right
solution that OpenStack needs.

I believe OpenStack is taking giant steps towards a great success but
we need to be careful not to skip important things in between those
steps. I'd like to use my knowledge from my involvement in several
areas throughout OpenStack (and outside it) to help OpenStack moving
forward at the same - or at a better - pace.

Thanks for your consideration,
Flavio

P.S: If you're thinking. "Wait, this guy is nuts. He ran for 2 PTL
positions and he now wants to run for a TC position. Is he crazy?" One
answer to that could be, Yes. However, just to make sure it's clear to
everyone my current "time" situation, I'd like to share that I'm
"just" Zaqar's PTL - Nikhil is Glance's PTL - and my current
commitments allow me for dedicating to this position the time it
requires.

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco