> [...]
>> Adding support for a new request added in a microversion
>>
>> We could just send "latest" and assume the new functionality, then
>> raise an error when you get bad request (or similar), and check the
>> version header to see if that was the cause of the problem, so we can
>> say why it failed.
>>
>> If its supported, everything just works.
>>
>> If the user requests a specific version before it was supported, we
>> should error out as not supported, I guess?
>>
>> In a way it would be cleaner if we had a way for the client to say
>> "latest but requires 2.3", so you get a bad version request if your
>> minimum requirement is not respected, so its much clearer than
>> miss-interpreting random errors that you might generate. But I guess
>> its not totally required here.
>>

>> Would all that work? It should avoid an extra API call to discover the
>> specific version we have available.
>>

> Another thought is send the client's latest version to the servers.
> Microversion support back-incompatible change, for the case old client vs
> new servers, will get more chance to failure.
> If the client's lastest version didn't supported, we can return error to
> the user. And I registered a bug few days ago, we can return some header to
> show supported version in server when the request failed.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1443494 then we can get better error
> message to the user.

>> the

>> > I think '--os-compute-version=None' means not specified version request
>> > header when send api request to server. The server behavior is if there
>> > isn't value specified, the min version will be used.
>>
>> --os-compte-version=v2 means no version specified I guess?
>>
>> Can we go back to the use cases here please?
>> What do the users need here and why?

>> V2 is already deployed now, and doesn't do that.
>>
>> No matter what happens we need to fix that.
>> >
>> > Emm.... I'm not sure. Because GET '/v2/' already can be used to discover
>> > microversion support or not. Sounds like add another way to support
>> > discover? And v2 api didn't return fault with some extra header, that
>> sounds
>> > like behavior and back-incompatible change.
>>
>> -1
>>
>> We should not use the URL to detect the version.
>> We have other ways to do that for a good reason.
>>

> Sorry, I didn't describe clearly at here. I'm not mean use URL to detect
> the version at here. I mean GET '/' will get response like this
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/doc/api_samples/versions/versions-get-resp.json
>
> If send request GET '/v2', it will return the version info of the
> endpoint, then we can determine whether v2.1 or v2 running under the '/v2'
> endpoint.
>
> If the GET '/v2''s response is
> { "id": "v2.1", "links": [ { "href": "http://openstack.example.com/v2.1/";,
> "rel": "self" } ], "status": "CURRENT", "version": "2.3", "min_version": "
> 2.1", "updated": "2013-07-23T11:33:21Z" }

Sorry, the wrong click, I didn't finish what I said....

If the GET '/v2''s response is:
{
            "id": "v2.1",
            "links": [
                {
                    "href": "http://openstack.example.com/v2.1/";,
                    "rel": "self"
                }
            ],
            "status": "CURRENT",
            "version": "2.3",
            "min_version": "2.1",
            "updated": "2013-07-23T11:33:21Z"
        }

It means the v2.1 running under the '/v2'

if the GET '/v2' response is:

 {
            "id": "v2.0",
            "links": [