On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 10:05:03PM +0800, Yu Xing YX Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a review(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178561/) which is depend
> on another review(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178546/)
> This Depends-On makes the first review's build failure. who can help me
> resolve it?

So I think the issue you're hitting is caused by none of the check jobs running
on 178561 installing tempest-lib from source, but instead use the latest
released version, (in this case 0.5.0) which will not include your proposed
tempest-lib patch.  You won't be able to land a change in tempest to use a new
api in tempest-lib until a new release is pushed which includes the new feature
you're adding.

If you want to verify your tempest-lib patch works with your tempest patch
you'll need to run a job that installs tempest-lib from source instead of the
latest release. There is a job configured to do this included in tempest's
experimental queue. So just leave a review comment 'check experimental' in your
tempest commit (with the depends-on still in the commit msg) and look for the
results from the "gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-tempest-lib" job.

-Matt Treinish