Thanks Kevin,

answers inline.

On 6 May 2015 at 00:28, Fox, Kevin M <kevin....@pnnl.gov> wrote:

>  so... as an operator looking at #3, If I need to support lbaas, I'm
> getting pushed to run more and more services, like octavia, plus a
> neutron-lbaas service, plus neutron? This seems like an operator
> scalability issue... What benifit does splitting out the advanced services
> into their own services have?

You have a valid point here. In the past I was keen on insisting that
neutron was supposed to be a management layer only service for most
networking services.
However, the consensus seems to move toward a microservices-style
architecture. It would be interesting to get some feedback regarding the
additional operational burden of managing a plethora of services, even if
it is worth noting that when one deploys neutron with its reference
architecture there are already plenty of moving parts.

Regardless, I need to slaps your hand because this discussion is not really
pertinent to this thread, which is specifically about having a strategy for
the Neutron API.
I would be happy to have a separate thread for defining a strategy for
neutron services. I'm pretty sure Doug will be more than happy to slap your
hands too.