Honestly, I think the real question around the docker driver is the
maintenance question. The upstream CI jobs for it kept getting turned
off because no one was bothering to look at failures. That concerns me
because it's a signal that there is a vend diagram of "people that care
about Nova docker support", "people that look at Nova patches and test
results", and "people that keep tests working" that don't intersect very
much.

If we can can get 2 - 3 folks signed up as keeping an eye on the driver
in tree, I'm all for bringing it back in. But given the history of the
driver going into a fail state and no one digging it out, I don't want
to do that unless we've got those champions.

        -Sean

On 05/12/2015 06:53 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Thanks for this response Daniel!.
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 4:59 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berra...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> If the Magnum team is interested in helping to maintain it, why not just
>>> keep it as a separate repo?  What's the real value in bringing it into
>>> the Nova tree?
>>
>> Well if that's the question you have to really ask why any of the current
>> drivers are in tree. I don't really think it makes sense to single out
>> Docker for special treatment, requiring them to justify why they want to
>> be in tree. IMHO if we want drivers to live out of tree we should push them
>> all out, if we want drivers to live in tree then we should actively welcome
>> in any driver that has a team of people willing to maintain it, not require
>> justification for wanting to be in tree.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel
>> --
>> |: http://berrange.com      -o-    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|