On 29 May 2015 at 18:32, Neil Jerram <neil.jer...@metaswitch.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Per yesterday's IRC meeting [1], and discussion in Vancouver, Nova work is
> being somewhat driven by the etherpad at [2].  But this etherpad doesn't
> have a section for libvirt / vif driver changes.  The log at [1] briefly
> touched on this, but moved on after noting that Dan PB had disbanded a
> libvirt subteam for lack of interest.

Apologies, I am not nearly half way through writing up all that came
out of the summit. A few nasty bugs in production kept me occupied
last week, but I have got out of that now / fixed them, I hope.

In the design summit session we said any group of people can
self-organise and start proposing patches as "ready to merge" by that
sub team, in here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/liberty-nova-priorities-tracking

We agreed that if there were too many sub teams, we would ask the
teams to join together. And I hope some subteams find each other on
that etherpad, and organically decide its best to join forces.

While we have established patterns of successful sub team
collaborations (IRC meetings, bug tags, etc), feel free to do whatever
works, assuming its aligned with the Open nature of our community
(i.e. I expect code reviews to be done in gerrit, not using some
internal communication channel. Even if you review face to face, I
would appreciate you writing up the outcome in gerrit).

> So, what should folk interested in libvirt / vif work (including me) now do?
> I think the answer is that we should self-organize, then report to the next
> IRC on how we've done that, and I'm happy to lead that if no one else wants
> to - but is there someone else who should or wants to own this?

In summary, yes please, sounds good.

I would reach out to Dan, and the other folks who were active in those
meetings, to see how it best makes sense to collaborate. Let me know
if I can help connect you folks, but IRC usually works.

Thanks,
John