Hi,

Currently working on implementing the RequestSpec object BP [1], I had some cool comments on my change here :
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145528/12/nova/objects/request_spec.py,cm

Since we didn't discussed on how to persist that RequestSpec object, I think the comment is valuable.

For the moment, the only agreed spec for persisting the object that we have is [2] but there is also a corollar here that means that we would have to persist more than the current fields https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169901/3/specs/liberty/approved/add-buildrequest-obj.rst,cm

So, there are 2 possibilities :
#1, we only persist the RequestSpec for the sole Scheduler and in that case, we can leave as it is - only a few fields from Instance are stored #2, we consider that RequestSpec can be used for more than just the Scheduler, and then we need to make sure that we will have all the instance fields then.

I'm not strongly opiniated on that, I maybe consider that #2 is probably the best option but there is a tie in my mind. Help me figuring out what's the best option.

-Sylvain

[1] : http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/liberty/approved/request-spec-object.html [2] : http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/liberty/approved/persist-request-spec.html