hi all,

The API working group has put together a more comprehensive process for merging guidelines. This process is currently under review[1], and we would like to invite all PTLs and CPLs to take a look and tell us if we are missing something.

This review will most likely stay open until our next meeting (6/11/15@0000UTC in openstack-meeting-3), at which point we will merge them.

In a nutshell we have added language to help indicate when a guideline will move from internal editing and review into an official freeze period for PTLs and CPLs to add comments. This process will follow lazy consensus, so if you have no negative comments then we will assume agreement.

We will also start to make regular postings to the mailing list regarding guidelines that are in the freeze period. These frozen guidelines will also be mentioned in the cross project meeting, although they may not be debated there.

thanks all, and happy hacking =)

mike

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186836