Tim Bell wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Harlow [mailto:harlo...@outlook.com]
Sent: 14 June 2015 07:52
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] Where are all the research papers?

Out of curiosity is there any known listing of papers (like ACM style or
other) on openstack or evaluations of it that are published on a wiki or
other? Especially as the number of projects increases, I would start to
expect more articles being published, more papers and such (all of them
would be an interesting read...).

I did find one but I'm starting to wonder if there are more and if there are
not, what is stopping people from writing more? (are we not doing enough
outreach to people that would right papers?)

'On fault resilience of OpenStack'

https://kabru.eecs.umich.edu/papers/publications/2013/socc2013_ju.pdf

It'd be neat to somehow get more published articles about openstack
coming from universities somehow (even if the articles are about bugs like
in 'What Bugs Live in the Cloud?' @
http://ucare.cs.uchicago.edu/pdf/socc14-cbs.pdf). Maybe we should also
feature them on the openstack blog when/if they get published as a
showing of good faith to the article creator/researcher/other...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Google Scholar is a good source of material and you can subscribe to a feed
according to keywords. There is around 30 per week publications mentioning
OpenStack.

https://scholar.google.fr/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q=openstack&scisbd=1

Awesome! Thanks very much.

I still wonder if we should put these authors/researchers more in the spotlight via https://www.openstack.org/blog/ (the weekly newsletter). The more papers the better IMHO (and the more attention we give, the more papers we may help make possible...)

-Josh