Cristina Aiftimiei wrote:
thank you very much for the suggestion. We are trying to achieve
something like you describe - just that I didn't know how to ...
describe what we want :).

Your sugestion is very, very interesting. So from where do you advice
that we start from?
I'm looking at https://launchpad.net/puppet-openstack and
https://github.com/openstack?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=puppet
<https://github.com/openstack?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=puppet> - Are those
the right places?

Yes, those are the appropriate modules.

It can appear a bit daunting at first, but if you pick off small bites and work in an iterative fashion, I have no doubts you'll be well on your way in no time.

The first steps are, as they are with OpenStack in general, in building out the supporting components (e.g. database and message broker), so I would start by taking a look at the (excellent) MySQL[0] and RabbitMQ[1] modules from the Puppet Forge. Take your time and build out the roles and profiles[2] that control these components, make sure you're happy with the results and then gradually expand.

[0] - https://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/mysql

[1] - https://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/rabbitmq

[2] - https://docs.puppetlabs.com/pe/latest/puppet_assign_configurations.html#assigning-configuration-data-with-role-and-profile-modules