You may also find my explanation about the Big Tent helpful in this interview with Niki Acosta and Jeff Dickey:

http://blogs.cisco.com/cloud/ospod-29-jay-pipes

Best,
-jay

On 06/16/2015 06:09 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
On 16/06/15 04:39 -0400, gordon chung wrote:
i won't speak to whether this confirms/refutes the usefulness of the
big tent.
that said, probably as a by-product of being in non-stop meetings with
sales/
marketing/managers for last few days, i think there needs to be better
definitions (or better publicised definitions) of what the goals of
the big
tent are. from my experience, they've heard of the big tent and they
are, to
varying degrees, critical of it. one common point is that they see it as
greater fragmentation to a process that is already too slow.

Not saying this is the final answer to all the questions but at least
it's a good place to start from:

https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2015/summit-videos/presentation/the-big-tent-a-look-at-the-new-openstack-projects-governance

That said, this is great feedback and we may indeed need to do a
better job to explain the big tent. That presentation, I believe, was
an attempt to do so.

Flavio

just giving my fly-on-the-wall view from the other side.