On 22/06/15 15:11, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:28:35AM +0100, neil.jer...@metaswitch.com wrote:
‎It seems like we're possibly stuck now on the VIF plugin script spec [1];
there being core comments in apparently conflicting directions. I wonder if
it's still feasible for a version of this to land during Liberty?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162468/

I plan to reread everyone's comments and see if ‎I can propose a way forward -
but thought I'd circulate this email first in case anyone wants to say that
it's already too late...

If VIF plugin script doesn't happen this cycle, can we continue
processing VIF type additions/changes/deletions in the traditional way?

This is a possibility, but I really want us to do everything within our
power to avoid continuing with the status quo in Liberty, as it is not
really making anyone happy.  If we make a strong push, I think we can
get a better solution done for Liberty, even if it means we need a spec
freeze exception request.

Entirely agree.  Please don't hesitate to ask if I can help in any way.

    Neil