On Mon, 22 Jun 2015, gord chung wrote:

what's 'long form transport'?

it's not actually using cfg.CONF. to figure out transport url if not present. cfg.CONF passed in has nothing set and is basically just a bunch of defaults... the url obviously doesn't have a default so ceilometermiddleware will fail if you don't pass in a url.

cfg.CONF contains the config instructions from the filter factory, it
is being passed to messaging.get_transport, along with url=

The originating issue is that get_request_url in
devstack:lib/rpc_backend is insufficient because it returns a url.
Since "we" are already in charge of writing the lines in the filter
factory config, can't we write whatever is necessary there?

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent