On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 02:42:01PM +0800, ChangBo Guo wrote:
> CPU frequency  is an import performance parameter,  currently  nova drivers
> just  report cpu_info without frequency.   we stored the compute node
> cpu_info in database with colum compute_nodes.cpu_info,  we can add the
> frequency  easily.

Is CPU frequency really an accurate metric for determining relative
performance of different hardware ? It seems maximum CPU frequency of
CPUs has rather plateaued, and chip vendors have been following
different avenues to improve performance of their chips such as multicore,
multhreads, and various other architectural changes. So I'm not sure that
just having a filter that compares CPU frequency is neccessarily going to
give useful results. ie faster frequency no longer neccessarily implies
faster performance.

Regards,
Daniel