On 7/1/15, 09:13, "Jeremy Stanley" <fu...@yuggoth.org> wrote:

>On 2015-07-01 12:08:46 +1000 (+1000), Tony Breeds wrote:
>> Okay so I take you point no problem, but I'm not running distro
>> packages and I still want completions. There must be a way to
>> package the file to at least make it easier to achieve both our
>> goals.
>[...]
>
>http://docs.openstack.org/developer/pbr/#files
>--
>Jeremy Stanley

So for people using the clients to talk to arbitrary clouds from their
personal computer (that can be running more than just linux) we need to
fix this. The problem is that if the person is installing a wheel or using
a new enough version of pip (which creates wheels first and then installs
them after caching them, which is awesome by the way) then there are
limitations that prevent the package from writing files to arbitrary
paths. (For reference, https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/2874)

Tl;dr, be very careful to test whatever solution is chosen going forward.
I'll be doing the same with https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1469869