On 26/06/15 15:14, Hongbin Lu wrote:
Hi team,

I would like to start my question by using a sample template:

heat_template_version: 2014-10-16

parameters:

   count:

     type: number

     default: 5

   removal_list:

     type: comma_delimited_list

     default: []

resources:

   sample_group:

     type: OS::Heat::ResourceGroup

     properties:

       count: {get_param: count}

       removal_policies: [{resource_list: {get_param: removal_list}}]

       resource_def:

         type: testnested.yaml

outputs:

   resource_list:

value: # How to output a list of resources of sample_group? Like
"resource_list: ['0', '1', '2', '3', '4']"?

As showed above, this template has a resource group that contains
resources defined in a nested template. First, I am going to use this
template to create a stack. Then, I am going to update the stack to
scale down the resource group by specifying (through parameters) a
subset of resources that I want to remove. For example,

$  heat stack-create -f test.yaml test

$ heat stack-show test

$ heat stack-update -f test.yaml -P "count=3;removal_list=1,3" test

I want to know if it is possible to output a “resource_list” that lists
all the removal candidate, so that I can programmatically process the
list to compile another list (that is “removal_list”) which will be
passed back to the template as a parameter. Any help will be appreciated.

That said, assuming you're running Juno, the 'outputs' attribute[1] will return a dict of the outputs from the ResourceGroup members, so you can infer the membership from the keys in that dict.

cheers,
Zane.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Heat::AutoScalingGroup-attrs