On 13/07/15 06:44, Emilien Macchi wrote:

I think this is something that could be fixed in packaging scripts.
I can see you're using Puppet to deploy OpenStack, and fwiw, we are
stopping to manage permissions in Puppet because of packaging overlap.
 From now, we totally rely on packaging permissions. We are in the
process to drop all the code that hardcode POSIX User/groups/permissions
in our manifests.

Yeah, I guess I should raise a bug with Ubuntu so it (maybe) gets sorted out. However in the meantime we may have to work around it by amending the dir permissions in puppet (the alternative - rolling our own packages is undesirable in general). However I note there are also python version mistakes in the ceilometer requires.txt which need patching (sigh).

Regards

Mark