On 07/24/2015 11:07 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Igor Yozhikov wrote:
>> Hello again to everyone, resending this letter due to typo in the topic
>> of the previous letter, apologize for this.
>> *
>> Introductory words:*
>>  I want to present renewed proposal for packaging of OpenStack
>> components for deb based Linux distributions.
>> In case of stackforge retirement, I believe that new repositories for
>> deb specs should appears under the //openstack// name-space instead of
>> //stackforge//.
>> This and further steps was also advised by dhellmann, anteaya and
>> angdraug at #openstack-meeting irc channel during/after
>> TechnicalCommittee meeting <http://paste.openstack.org/show/399927/>
>> yesterday 21 of Jul 2015.
>> Also it would be great to discuss all of this during next TC meeting
>> July 28th.
>
> Igor,
>
> The following was proposed to the TC, but needs a revision to match what
> you propose here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185187/
>
> Would you mind updating the proposed change there ? That way we could
> discuss it at the TC next week...

Done.

Please note that package repository names are based on actual source
package names in Debian. For example, /openstack/openstack-trove and not
just trove, which refers to a Java library in Debian.

Thomas

P.S: I'd also would like to add that I've seen people bike-shedding
around the name "openstack-pkg-tools". The rename of this tool is *not*
open for discussion (it would be too much work). Yes, it's Debian
specific, but maybe it wont at some point, as there are tools that may
be interesting for RPM guys. Even if we never do that, this (Debian
native) package is prefixed by "deb-" like every other Git repository,
so there's no way to be confused. Finally, this has *nothing* to do with
the actual TC discussion, so let's discuss this issue *separately*,
shall we?