On 7/28/2015 9:24 AM, Kuvaja, Erno wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Flavio Percoco [mailto:fla...@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:15 PM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] [nova][glance][stable] Stable exception for bug
#1447215: Allow ramdisk/kernel_id to be None

Greetings,

We recently found a bug in the Nova-Glance interaction that prevents
booting snapshots using Glance's V2 API. The bug is that Nova creates the
snapshot and sets the ramdisk_id/kernel_id to None when it's not available.

While this was ok in V1, it causes a failure for V2 since the current schema-
properties file doesn't allow both fields to be None. The right fix would be for
Nova not to set these fields at all if no value is found.

Nonetheless, we have a workaround that would make this work. The
workaround landed in master and it's been proposed for kilo.
Therefore, I'm asking for a stable exception to merge this patch, which is
backwards compatible (unless I'm missing something). The exception is being
requested because it does change the API.

+1

In my understanding as well we would be backwards compatible and this would
make the future upgrades so much easier in the case nova starts consuming v2
Image API.

- Erno

The change proposed is to allow these fields to be None.

The review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/205432/

Cheers,
Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco

Nova doesn't support glance v2 in kilo or liberty, so does it matter to nova if this is in stable/kilo or not? Doesn't seem like it. This is a barrier to getting glance v2 support into nova in mitaka though it seems.

Matt Riedemann