James and Dan,

During the ansible-multi spec process that James Slagle reviewed, there was a
serious commitment by the Kolla core team to maintain config-internal, pretty
much for the tripleo use case.  We didn’t want to leave our partner projects in
the lurch and at the time Ryan/Ian’s implementation of tripleo containers were
based upon config-internal.  It would be immensely helpful for Kolla if we
could deprecate that model during l3, and I think Dan’s judgement is to use
config-external (with some additional beefing up of some of the containers like
snmp+ceilometer compute plus possibly some other minor solveable requirements).

Can I get a general ack from the tripleo community that deprecating
config-internal is a-ok so we can just remove it before being stuck with it for
Liberty?  I don’t want to deprecate something we committed to supporting if
there is still requirement from the tripleo community to maintain it, but it
would make our lives a lot easier and thus far the config-internal case is
really only for TripleO.

Comments welcome.

Thanks!
-steve