>These two subjects have probably been discussed already, but I couldn't find
>any info on them, so very much appreciate if someone could clarify.
>1. Why is the HOT template that is fed to package-create command renamed to
>"template.yaml"? Any issue with keeping the original name?
>2. Why HOT syntax validation is deferred until package import time? Why not do
>it when creating the package?

Hi Vahid,

This is my understanding of the issues you presented:

1. To support such a feature, obviously the code needs to change, since today
   the file template.yaml is expected to be in the root of the package.

   In addition if the package structure will remain as it is today, the naming
   options will still be limited. More specificity - the template could not be
   saved with the name manifest.yaml, since it is reserved for the manifest.

2. If the user has a few versions of Heat he works with. He might want to use
   python-muranoclient only to package the template. In other use cases I think
   validation can be helpful.

Thanks,
Michal