On 24/08/15 11:03 -0400, Brad P. Crochet wrote:
I am working on extending the current set of patches that implement
the OSC plugin for Ironic. I would like some discussion/guidance about
a couple of command structures.

[...snip...]

Secondly, maintenance mode makes sense to be part of 'openstack baremetal
set' command, but implementation would be easier and less error-prone
if an antonym for maintenance were used as a flag.

* openstack baremetal set --maintenance --reason $REASON $NODE
* openstack baremetal set --maintenance-antonym $NODE

argparse can be used to set them as mutually exclusive and negate
the need to check explicitly for maintenance off and !$REASON

Question is what should the antonym of maintenance be? Since 'active'
is a node state, it was suggest that it be avoided to minimize
confusion.

One thought is to use --disable/--enable, with help text in the
command stating what it does, but it was suggested that display of
the maintenance field would need to change.

Comments? Suggestions?

Credit to lucasagomes... It makes more sense to use 'openstack
baremetal unset --maintenance' to turn it off. So I think that one can
be put to rest.

--
Brad P. Crochet, RHCA, RHCE, RHCVA, RHCDS Principal Software Engineer (c) 704.236.9385 (w) 919.301.3231