There were a little IRC discussion on that [1] and I've started to work on
creating a spec for Mitaka. I've got a little busy last time, but finishing it
is still in my backlog. I'll make sure to post it up for reviews once Mitaka
specs bucket will open.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-cinder/%23openstack-cinder.2015-08-11.log.html#t2015-08-11T14:48:49