All,
Currently, event-alarm is one-shot style: don't fire again for same event. But threshold-alarm is limited periodic style:
1. only get 1 fire for continuous valid datapoints.
2. Would get a new fire if insufficient data followed by valid ones, as we reset alarm state upon insufficient data.

So maybe event-alarm should be periodic also. But I'm not sure when to reset the alarm state to 'UNKNOWN': after each fire, or when receive different event.

Fire a bug @
https://bugs.launchpad.net/aodh/+bug/1493171

Best Rgds,
Edwin